Friday 11 April 2014

MOVIE SCENES




its like a movie

scene - restaurant/chilled water/us together
   (a waiter barely table height
   drops profiteroles-to-share)

   she walks to the toilet/disappearing
   THEN
   my mauled soul yells me a wide fib

it says; you made her up/you here alone

scene - fussy mother waitress looking at me
   all care and cow eyes
   the
   jet-world rattle of restaurant
   rises
   to
   a hitchcock crescendo 

again it says; PROVE youre not alone

suspense movie now - the mad final reel
cold sweat pricks its tickle fingers round my hairline

scene - i’m staring at her coat on the chair back
        wondering/asking/pleading
   did i put it there?

scene - she walks back to me
   i say PINCH ME!
   she pinches me
        laughing
   at
   my
   suspicious

   eyes



theculturaldish.blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment