Thursday 12 January 2012

ADVENTURES BEYOND THE COMFORT ZONE; WRITERS

invited to a Poetry Reading I was thrilled with the fear of misanthropy.
asked to read I was filled with surprise 
and 
declined.

a friend had sane advice for me;
THIS IS EXACTLY WHATS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN
he said.
YOU’RE A WRITER YOU MUST GO.

I would meet Writers/like-minds hot with new words.
posters in bus stops on route to elation and clarity.
determined to show my face Outside The Comfort Zone
I planned 
the 
baby steps.

come noon Friday/camera and hipflask loaded ready

when

insomnia induced half migraine split my brain like old wood with the roar of a city.
yawning epic pride lion/liquid exhaustion tumbles 
onto 
the 
back of shaking hands.
30 min power nap failed/cold dagger sweat 
only 
sign of life.

neither networked nor impressed/not drinking in pub basement 
with 
Writers in the City.

damn this light detox. 
damn its waking nights.
damn its dreams of ghostly pyjama children.
exactly whats supposed
to happen
will
have
to
happen
another
time.


No comments:

Post a Comment