Wednesday 12 November 2014

DINNER AND NIGHT (TWO)



1.  I HEAR THINGS

i hear a plane
drone-groan dangerous above the grey Thames river
  wheres
  he
  going then ?
  will science let his rubber wheels land ?

i hear crows calling monotone
across empty fallow fields of churned war mud
  what
  DO
  they
  want ? 
  better rates for graveyard scenes ?

i hear a pigeon
breathing black bacteria and rustling greasy feathers
up
among
the rotten apples and flies
in
the
tree
above me
  i bet 
  he's fat 
  and lazy - a sky rat full of drive-thru fries

i hear big trucks muted reversing beeps

(imagine drivers dull hungover eyes 
squinting into a cracked rear-view)

and
a
slow 
siren
dying like a battery

  or
  maybe its the wind 

maybe
  its ALL the wind



from etsy.com


2. I SEE NONE OF IT

i stretch out on the garden lounger
listening 
to
the
stuff
make
its 
noises

  Out There 
  
    in 
      the 
        world

i see none of it / i pick at my caked teeth
scratch
the
cuts
on 
my 
head
scrape matter from my ear lobes
and
sneeze phlegm on my boot tops

i look up / see the pigeon

  fat and lazy 
  like 
  i 
  thought

waiting for dinner and night

like
me 


from freehdw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment